5.15.2012

TWD Baking with Julia: Pecan Sticky Buns

.  Dang, Dorie.

You've gone and done it again.  Completely over the top and there ain't no comin' back.


Well folks, there isn't much to say about these Pecan Sticky Buns because no matter how much I rave about them, the words will never suffice.  The catchy phrases will in no way do these ooey gooey buns any justice.  They just won't.


For the first post ever, I'll have to let the pictures do the talking.  And for the first time ever, I actually had to cut out some of the pictures I took because these [big] little things looked so dang scrumptious!

But no worries, I guarantee you all would rather look at the pictures of these buns than hear me rant and rave to no end.  Because I would do that.  And maybe eventually, you would take my word and get bakin.'

So what makes these buns so particularly phenomenal is that they're made out of brioche.  Say it with me, bree-o-sh.  Not sure if that's quite accurate, but work with me.  Anywho, I'd never had brioche before this recipe [let alone made it!], but it may just be the most memorable thing I've ever tasted.  If you've ever heard any of the wonderful things about brioche, well they're all correct.



Despite the fact that you need to plan ahead before making this recipe [not gonna lie, it is a bit time consuming], the wait is well,well, worth the wait.  The onlything I can think to compare brioche to are croissants.  You know, those flakey little pastries that no one can resist?  Yep, those.  Well, brioche is extremely similar to those except maybe a bit more dense.  In a good way though.


Okay, enough of my jibber jabbering.  Head on over to hosts' blogs for this month, Eat Drink Man Woman Dogs Cat and Cookies on Friday, for the complete Pecan Sticky Buns recipe.  And also check out the tips and tricks for this recipe straight from fellow TWD bloggers!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Your pictures say it all! These were really delicious. I've never had a better sticky bun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy! I missed the date--I thought we had another week. But I will make these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this is one tenth as good as the photo's...I will have a new addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, these look sinful! I would like a dozen right now please :) Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures - they are making me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so delicious!! We are so glad you came to another week of our fun "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Please join us again! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: